Hi everyone! Sophia needed a way to store all of her crayons when the box they came in ripped, so I decided to make her this crayon roll!
- 2 8″x 16″ pieces of cotton fabric
- 1 8″x 16″ pieces of flannel fabric
- 1 2″x 12″ strip of cotton fabric
- Pin all 3 pieces together, right sides together, with flannel on the outside (it will look like a sandwich).
- Sew 3 3/4 of the way around the edges
- Turn the fabric right side out, so that the flannel is on the inside and your 2 cottons are on the outside.
- Sew up the hole you left to turn the fabric the right way.
- Topstich the entire product.
- Fold up the fabric 2″ to make a pocket for your crayons.
- Sew around 3 sides of the of the pocket: the bottom and the 2 sides.
- Make 1″ pockets for your crayons, sewing from top to bottom of the pocket space.
- take your 2″x 12″ strip of cotton fabric and fold the 2 sides in so that they meet in the middle. Then fold that in half, iron, and topstich.
- Attach your strip to the inside of the roll (where your pockets are). This strip ties the crayon roll closed.
- Insert crayons and enjoy your new crayon roll! 🙂