Hi everyone! Spring is finally here in the Midwest! Yay! The past couple weeks have been cold, rainy, and yucky, so it is time for spring! To welcome in the new season, I made some spring mason jar decor (we are displaying ours on our fireplace mantel). Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 sponge brush
- 1 small bottle of chalk paint (I used Deco Art Americana Chalky Finish for Glass, in Cherish)
- 1 or 2 mason jars (depending on how many jars of decor you want)
- 1 roll of wide ribbon
- Bouquet of large fake flowers
- Rub your jars down with rubbing alcohol (if they have been used for other things before, give them a bath in hot, soapy water as well)
2. Place jars upside down and apply the first coat of paint. Wait until dry completely (about 2.5-3 hours) before applying 2nd (and even third if needed!) coats.
3. After the jars are dry, flip the over so that they sit the right way, and paint the rim. I only did one coat here to give it a more distressed look.
4. Wrap a length of ribbon around the jar and tie into a neat bow.
5. Cut 5 flowers off your fake bouquet of flowers. Arrange 2 into the smaller jar and 3 in the larger jar.
6. Put your new DIY spring decor on display and enjoy your spring-y home!